My story telling journey began when I started narrating & reading stories to my son and his friends. They turned me into a story teller!!
After having done my Masters in Business Administration from ICFAI business University Hyderabad and working with Corporates like Dell International Services & Deloitte as an HR Professional, I shifted gears and found my love for stories & children. I was always fond of children & they were equally fond of me and storytelling served as the right bridge which helped me reach many of them.
From there on I realized that I was finding joy & happiness in narrating stories to them as much as they were delighted & enjoyed my stories. I took up a professional course in storytelling to get better at my craft & since then there was no looking back , every day is a new learning , new opportunity & new stories .
I have been actively involved in story telling in schools & community areas both in India & UK.
Some of the highlights of my work are below:
- Guest Story Teller with Talking Stories- East London Radio. UK’s first & leading Radio show dedicated to stories for all age groups.
- Guest Story teller at Amar Chitra Katha – A performing Arts School for Story telling events- Hyderabad- India. Performed on the special occasion of Janmashtami which was loved by children & adults equally.
- February 2021- participated in the Chennai International Storytelling Festival- Curated by Dr. Eric Miller – Director – World Story telling institute .
- Participated in “Story Night” – story telling evening at Southwark Festival – London organized by Southwark libraries.
- Storytelling for Diwali – two day event with The Museum of the Home, London.
- Story teller at Charity organization/NGO in Reading UK since Jan 2018
- Story teller for after school club in Reading
- Guest story teller with children’s story app
- Guest Story teller with “Spin A Yarn“ – A Bhasha Sangam and a United Nations Indigenous Languages Partner Organization.
- Story teller with Isha Vidya Schools, Isha Foundation.
- Storytelling At “WaterFest” June 2021 to celebrate 900th anniversary of Reading Abbey ruins.